Blog #47 CCR #3 Vlog

How did your production skills improve throughout this project?



My production skills increased drastically throughout the filming process. At the beginning of the project I had little to no experience editing media. This was a major setback for my film due to the fact that a big part of producing the media is in post production editing the video and showing the scenes in a professional manner that made the shots look clean. This set me back drastically because of how much time I had to spend editing the video to make it look better than how it did when I first tried editing it.


My production skills have also impacted how I am able to control and lead a team to help make decisions in the film. This project had me take the lead and be in control of what I wanted the shots to look like as well as what I wanted each of the acters to accomplish in each scene. This greatly increased my ability to communicate with others to help get the project done as well as my leadership skills and how I am supposed to take charge of the the people in the crew as the producer.


My production skills also helped me better understand how the different micro elements can play into the affect on the film as a whole. I better understand how to use things like the lighting to help create feeling and effect the amount of emotion in the film. This is shown by my use of lighting in the 3rd scene of my film when I used the lighting behind the 2 characters. Behind the bully was dark and gloomy while behind Charlette was brighter and happy feeling. This is to show the difference between the 2 characters and what side of life they represent. 


This is how my production skills have greatly increased over the process of making this film.

Comments