Blog #33 Scene 3 practice shots

 This first shot is supposed to set the tone of the entire scene . This does this by  showing what Charlette is doing as the bully walks into the room to pick on her. This is used to give a meaner or sadder tone to the scene and does so pretty well. The lighting in the back is also darker creating a more ominous scary feel to the scene.




This is a two shot that I used the rule of thirds on very well. I lined both of the characters evenly on the imaginary lines that are on the screen to help make the scene look more appealing. This helps show how the attention is on both the characters and not just one. This shot also shows the darker lighting in the background really well and helps to also contribute to the sadder feel of the scene.



The next shot is used to transition after the bully throws Charlette's book across the room. It cuts to a different angle of her picking it up and it also shows the bully throwing the ball at her. This shot was a great way to showcase what exactly was going on in the scene. This is because I lined it up with the scene before to make the transition from shot to shot seem as smooth as possible.



This next shot is an over the shoulder shot. I used this shot a lot throughout this scene switching back and forth between the 2 perspectives. I did this so you could see the person who was talking at the time as well as their body language they used in the scene. These shots also made for a very smooth conversation and put the spotlight on the person that was speaking. Behind the bully was dark while behind Charlette it was brighter showing the difference in the 2 sides.



Comments